Wednesday, July 20, 2011

La muestra verde


Poster of the exhibition

Card of the exhibition

Next Friday, July 29th , at the Royal Pósito of la Tercia in Mota del Cuervo (Cuenca), 22:30 h, the exhibition `La muestra Verde´ will be opened and it can be visited till August 8th.

I´ve been sharing workshop for some time with a fantastic artist, Sandra Gregorio, who has introduced me to the cultural association “Pequeña Mancha”, organizer of this exhibition, who have welcome me with open arms. I´m sharing room with 23 artists belonging to diverse disciplines; all of us living in this area of our country – bordering the provinces of Albacete, Ciudad Real and Cuenca. With this exhibition, the group tries to make the population aware of the value of protecting natural environment. Mota del Cuervo has one of the largest lagoons, the Lagoon of Manjavacas, which is part of the biological reserve of La Mancha Húmeda, where Greater Flamingos have bred and, even, some specimens of Lesser Flamingo have been watched.

These are the works I´m participating with:



Eurasian Jackdaw, Corvus monedula
Graphite pencil on wood, 42x30 cm.


This drawing is based on a photograph of Sergio González Martínez, who I´m grateful to for allowing me to exhibit this work. According to my idea of what Wildlife Art is, it couldn´t be considered as such, as the spiritual link which gives sense, soul, to a work doesn´t exist. Every Wildlife Art work must come from a personal experience of the artist, which creates a link between the artist and the motif which generates it.